Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hello Hello!

Hi there Blogger Friends!! I haven't a project picture for you today, as of yet anyway! I'm just finishing off the projects that we worked on at Regionals this past Saturday.
Edmonton hosted a special day for us SU! demos this past Saturday, known as Regionals. Wow!!!! Did I ever enjoy myself. I can't even being to tell you how much fun I had and the fantastic tips and techniques we learned about. And, best of all, I got to meet Shelli Gardner, the heart and soul behind Stampin' Up!! It was a very exciting day all around, and I was just thrilled to be there.

All the speakers/presenters were wonderful, very informative, and most enabling. Yes, enabling! I am now on the fast track to getting myself a Big Shot!! No, I really didn't need one, I have the Cuttlebug. No, the Big Shot is lovely, but its just the Cadillac version of the C-Bug, and I really don't need that. No, I really don't need the SU! exclusive dies that are available, I can get along without them. YES.....I NOW NEED THE BIG SHOT!! We made a wonderful project with the Big Shot as well as watching several demonstrations using it. Once you've used the Big Shot, and experienced its wonderfulness (is that even a word?!), as well as the thrill of creating the cutest little pouches, envelopes, snowflakes one could imagine, well its just something that has climbed to the top of my wish list. (and with Christmas around the corner, what a great time to "ask" Santa for it...!)

We also watched demonstrations of several Wow projects, and I have to say, the Decor Elements is bigger and better than I ever ever imagined. The wonderful things the ladies (and gentleman) created with the Decor Elements were incredible. And the best thing of all, some of the demos creating and sharing these were projects from our own area! So hurray for Alberta, we have some wonderfully talented ladies here!

I need everything I saw demo-ed at Regionals on Saturday!! Everything, I tell ya! I came away from there one very excited stamper!

We also received a free stamp set, along with make and take projects galore. They gave us all the supplies necessary to make some great cards and 3-D items, and we all got to use the Big Shot. There was a wonderful lunch, and the whole day was timed out perfectly. I had never been to a Stampin' Up! event before. I have to say, they make you feel welcome, and have a wonderful, caring, positive attitude for such a large company. I just can't say enough about how wonderful my day was......actually, I've probably babbled on more than enough here, so.....


I will be downloading my pictures from Regionals onto my computer today, as well as taking pics of the projects we did. Hopefully it will all go smooth and I'll have some wonderful things to show you later this evening or tomorrow. So stay tuned, and thanks for being patient!! :-)
Your Friend in Stamping,
Debbie

No comments: