Monday, January 31, 2011

Finishing Up My Last Few Valentine's!

Hi there!  I've been hibernating away in my Stamp room, trying to ignore the frigid temperatures outside. :)  At least the sun is shining but it could stand to be warmer; it was -36 Celcius on our deck this morning, that's waaay too cold for my liking!!

I've been concentrating on finishing the last of my Valentine's day cards. I've mailed a few out already (I know, kind of early wasn't it?? I just wasn't thinking....oh well, at least they won't be late!!). My card share today would be a great Masculine card as its not too frilly and uses jute as an embellishment instead of ribbon. Jute is so much more more manly, don't you think?  :)

The card's base is Crumb Cake (don't you just want to run into the kitchen and whip up a cinnamon coffee cake when you hear the name "Crumb Cake"? I know I sure do..!!). 

Layers are Real and Red and Sending Love DSP from last season, although you can still find this particular paper in SU!'s Clearance Section.   I used the Eyelet Border punch on a couple of pieces of Vanilla and  Real Red cardstock and layered together over the dsp, then punched a couple of holes at the top with the Cropodile and threaded a strand of jute through the holes, a couple times over, finishing with a bow. The With Love stamp comes from the Yummy SAB set from last season, stamped on vanilla and punched out with oval and scalloped oval punches.

Thanks for dropping by, I'll have a few more cards to share this week so be sure to check back :)

Happy Stamping and Stay Warm
Deb :)

2 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is just awesome... anyone would love to receive it!

Beth said...

Love that paper and how you've added the jute - it matches nicely with the "yummy" crumb cake base :) I am hibernating as well, tooo cooold out there!!!!