Friday, October 16, 2009

Christmas Cardinal


Hi there! I've had a super busy week starting my Christmas gifts. I finished quilting and sewing a lovely market bag for my MIL, I sure hope she likes it. I've only ever quilted once before so I quite enjoyed the process. Not sure if I'm ready for a full quilt yet though!! If you want to have a look, my other blog is posted on the side bar. :-)
This card features my dusty Cardinal Christmas set!! I haven't used this bird much at all since purchasing it last year, which is a shame. Its the most beautiful image and perfect for either an elegant or a folksy type of Christmas card. The card base is a piece of gorgeous Soft Suede Textured paper (5 1/4 x 5 1/4), Very Vanilla, Merry Moments Designer paper, Real Red & Olive Green Cardstocks. I stamped the Cardinal in Soft Suede and added a few tiny dots of glitter to the berries. I embossed the vanilla with a snowflake embossing folder, matting it on Real Red. The flower is two 5 petal punch flowers, layered together, and the sentiment is from Only Ornaments (Holiday Mini), punched out with the 3/4 inch circle punch. I finished the card off with a couple of red bling in the corner.
Enjoy your weekend and I sure hope you find some stamping time for yourself!!
Thanks for stopping by,
Debbie

3 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Now this is gorgeous!

June Houck said...

I like the new blog look! Gorgeous card and a great picture too.

Debbie said...

Another beauty.. Have this stamp as well, but haven't inked it up thanks for the inspiration..