Monday, August 10, 2009

Christmas Wishes for a Season of Joy!


Good Morning! Today I have Christmas card to share. Gosh, if I keep this up I might actually have enough made come December!! :-)
This card uses the most wonderfully versatile stamp set "Season of Joy" . The Basic Black and River Rock Cardstock make for a very elegant Christmas card, although I think this would look great in traditional red and greens, or even blue and silver. The possibilities are endless! Only your imagination can hold you back!!
I found the inspiration for the card on a blog in blogland!! The person who created it doesn't have a watermark on their photo, so I can't even send you to their blog to see their wonderful design. :-( (I saved the pic but don't know the blog name!) If you are reading this and created this card in Purely Pom please be sure to let me know so I can send my readers your way!
**Edited to Add** I found the card's original creator! Or should I say she was kind enough to post a comment on my version!! The card's artist is none other than Nancy Riley!! I'm so happy she posted. You can find the original creation here
And Melody, this card will be perfect for you as I know you've been saving all that Purely Pom cardstock and ribbon for the perfect card!

The flowers were stamped in River Rock and cut out, then adorned with a half back pearl in their centers. The ribbon is sheer black organdy and the sentiment stamped in whisper white.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!!
Debbie

7 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh I love this very elegant!!!

LeAnne said...

Lovely done in these non-traditional color! Very elegant!

Debbie said...

Wow on the black & white... I agree it is so elegant...

thanks for visiting my blog, and to answer your question, this is for my other BIL. The one that was sick is home and going through rehabilitation. It is amazing how much we forget even being in an induced coma for only 3 weeks. Thank yo so much for asking

Beth said...

Gorgeous card Debbie! Those colours are perfect together and the pearls add an extra elegant touch!

Nancy Riley said...

Debbie, I love your version! I'm the original artist ... here's the link to it ... http://stampinat6213.blogspot.com/2007/10/scs-sketch-challenge-146.html

Deb said...

Nancy, thank you so much for posting here!! I'm really happy to have found the original artist, as there is no watermark on your photo. :-) I always like to credit my inspiration, whether its a blog or a magazine, so thanks again!!

June Houck said...

Your card is stunning! I am a huge Nancy Riley fan, and I love red (I usually stamp those flowers in red myself), but I have to say I like your card even better. The black and white is so stunning and striking. Gorgeous, Debbie :)