Thursday, January 15, 2009

Winds of Grace - Retiring!!


Good Morning Blogger Friends! I wanted to get this card posted today, but I'm not overly happy with the photo. Its hard to take a really good pic of this card as I can't quite find the right lighting for it, but rest assured the colours in it are really beautiful.
I've used some shimmery Lumiere in the water to make it sparkle and kept the card free of brads, scallops etc, as the scene & sentiment both speak for themselves. I had so much fun painting this scene, I'm definitely going to make a few more. Its a good design & stamp set for a masculine birthday, congrats, really anything! I'm also seeing this sailboat stamped on glossy card stock that's been treated with the Polished Stone Technique. Remember that one ladies?? Its a little messy, but so much fun and you get such wonderful variance of colours in it.
I'll be away from my computer for a few days so take care and hope you enjoy the thaw this weekend!! Looks to be a pretty warm forecast (now I just have shovel all that snow that fell yesterday!)
Debbie

1 comment:

Beth said...

Beautiful ocean sailing scene Debbie. Love the colouring and white highlights on the waves :)