Friday, November 28, 2008

Sleigh Bells Ring


Hi there! I've posted another quick and easy card, this time using the Sleigh Bells ring set. I made this card on a stamping day with my friend Melody about a month ago, and forgot to post it. When making another of these cards, I think I'd stamp the main image in craft ink and emboss in clear, just for some added punch. If you don't have craft ink, remember to pull out the versamark pad and use that instead. All you have to do is stamp your image onto the versamark pad, then stamp straight onto your dye ink pad. Then, stamp onto neutral cardstock and emboss with clear embossing powder. Just remember to clean your stamp each time, or you'll mess up that versamark pad!!
I enjoy making elaborate cards as well as quick and easy, but I do know that some of you are on a tight time schedule, so I'm hoping that cards like this are more likely to appeal to you. For this particular card, you can pick a base & neutral cardstock, a favourite designer paper, one main image from a stamp set, and voila! you have a card! Just add brads and ribbon and you are complete. Even if you don't send a handcrafted card to everyone on your list, its nice to send one to those special friends and family who appreciate your handiwork! So make some time to stamp this weekend, and see what you can accomplish! Not only will you get some Christmas cards completed, you'll feel good that you spent some time crafting and creating! Have a great weekend friends!!
Debbie

1 comment:

Beth said...

Very elegant Debbie! Love the ribbon and Designer Papers :)