Wednesday, September 10, 2008



Hi there! This is the card my friend Mel convinced me to try. I really like the use of the coaster on this project, its a little heavier than cardstock and makes the card feel almost luxurious. Does that even make sense? It feels like an expensive Christmas card from the store I guess!
I would have never put this colour combination together, but I really really like it!

Mel CASED the card from SCS, and I changed mine up a bit (surprise surprise!) I embellished my corners and added a navy organdy bow at the top. The original had a piece of twill tape behind the coaster, matted onto a More Mustard strip of cardstock. . Somehow that look didn't work for me, so I tried this instead. I also used the paper piercer to pierce around the coaster, just to add texture and interest. Thanks for looking, hope you are inspired to go and start your own Christmas cards!
Take care,
Debbie

2 comments:

Beth said...

Wonderful card, love the corner stamp you used and the colours!

Caesar Beezer The Wonder Dog said...

This is a beautiful card! I would frame that center thing - it's wonderful! Do you sell your cards?!? Or are they like your "babies" like my other card-making friends say! Drives me nuts but then when I see something like this I totally understand! And I love the other Christmas cards you made - they are truly better than anything I've ever seen that I could buy...so...do you sell them? Nan (Oh, Google/Blooger only lets me sign in with my dog's blog address!)