Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Watercolour Challenge SCS


Hi again. Here is another watercolour card I did last night for the watercolour challenge and "white space" challenge on SCS. I love the white space challenge, as it encourages you to let the design speak for itself and not add embellishments everywhere. Sometimes its nice to have a clean lined card, they are very modern looking. There is also an old thread on SCS encouraging Christmas cards using alot of "white space". There are alot of beautiful samples on there, and considering some of us make up to 40 or 50 cards to send at Christmas, that style might just work for you. I'll try to post a link for it on the side once I get this blog more together!
This card is small, but was quite time consuming, which surprised me. Mind you, I kind of putter around when I watercolour, and dab this, and dab that, and shade here and there. I can never leave well enough alone it seems. Simple cards are the way to go, but somehow I have to get my hands in there and make them not as simple! My group members have told me that they like that style because it shows them where can can go with a card if they want to. Thank goodness!! They are such a wonderful group of ladies, and they are all my friends. Lucky me. :-)
Recipe:
Stamp Set: Magenta & Warm Words
Cardstock: Watercolour paper
Ink: Black StazOn, Rose Red, Pretty In Pink, Regal Rose, Real Red, Green Galore, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Twinkling H20's
Have a great day, I'm off to clean the house and get some grocery shopping done. How mundane, I'd much rather be stamping or doing challenges with Beth!! :-)
Debbie

1 comment:

Beth said...

Your watercolouring is amazing! I love these flowers :)