Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Christmas In July!


Hi there! I'm going to re-post a few pictures from my "old" blog as I know there are a few of you who use this blog for inspiration and ideas. This is one of my favourite designs for Christmas cards this year! I love this stamp set, and just love the size of the card. Its a 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 card. And SU! sells the envelopes to fit! Its a great size because it offers you alot of design space on the front, and writing space on the inside, most needed at Christmastime.
I also used 12 x 12 paper for this, and cut it at 5 1/4 x 10 1/2, score and fold. That way, there's not much waste. I've been keeping a package of black, basic grey, white, ivory and chocolate chip 12 x 12 cardstock on hand, and find these colours fill all my basic needs when creating these size cards. A green such as Artichoke or Olive is great to have as well.
Recipe:
Stamp Set: Sleigh Bells Ring
Cardstock: River Rock, Basic Black, Very Vanilla
Ink: Black STazOn, but using versamark and black embossing powder would be gorgeous!
Accessories: Nestabilities, black brads, river rock ribbon, and white gel pen.
That's it for now, I hope you have a great evening!
Debbie

1 comment:

Beth said...

I love this card for the holidays! What a great stamp and card design!