Saturday, January 15, 2011

Bright Warm Card on a Very Cold Day!!

Good Afternoon! Its been such a snowy week here in Alberta, the winter weather just doesn't seem to want to settle down.  We've lived in our house for 8 years now and I don't ever recall this much snow here.  Our balcony is piled high with snow and the cast iron urns with their little evergreen trees in them look like Marge Simpson's hair!! Makes me smile everytime I look out there.

So, I have a few crafting resolutions for the New Year, how about you? I mentioned in a previous post I would like to make time for more crafting with my friends, I truly enjoy their company, we all share a love of crafting and don't seem to find the time to get together as often as we should.  :) 

Another important resolution regards my personal craft space. I do think I'm a bit of a magazine junkie, I seem to have collected them for a couple of years now and have *ahem* quite a few.....So, the last few days I've been going through every single magazine I own, and putting post-it notes on the pages of inspriation.  I also have a pile for non inspirational ones (as our tastes do change!!) along with old stamp sets and some dsp I just don't think inspires me any longer. I'll sell those in our craft sale this spring.  Back to the resolution, I would like to take a magazine a day and create one of the inspirational pieces from it.  This will be a great way to replentish my card stash.  So, I'm excited about this New Year and my crafting resolutions!!

On to the card!! Isn't this the neatest card?? I loved the design when I saw it and had to try it. All the dsp was still sitting on my table, so I quickly cut one inch wide pieces and adhered them across the card at an angle. The ribbon covers up the uneveness, so don't stress over that. Cute hey? Would be a great way to make some mass Christmas cards I was thinking, sitting and glueing these strips of paper while watching tv with my DH some nights.

This dsp is the Razzleberry Lemonade (retired), along with Razzleberry and Melon Mambo cardstock, Crushed Curry grosgrain (I really loved this colour!!), bling on the bottom from my stash,  the Island Floral big die, scalloped circle and a bright yellow brad in the middle.

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to read my ramblings, I truly enjoy the comments and emails from you :)

Have a great Saturday and stay warm!!
Deb

No comments: