Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hi there, Long Time No Post!! :-)







Hi there! I know, its been quite some time since I've posted. We've been battling cold viruses and bronchitis in our household, its been a long few weeks. I didn't have a voice for quite some time, although I'm sure my family didn't mind too much! :-) It seems everyone has some type of cold, flu or virus so please be sure to keep yourselves healthy and drink lots of water!!
The card I've created today uses the most marvelous Large Snowflake Die from SU!. Love this die!!! I found some glittered foam at a discount store recently and though I'd try my hand at die cutting it into a snowflake. It worked like a charm, the dies just cut like butter through so many different products.
This card uses a White Base, along with Soft Suede, Real Red & Specialty Cocoa Designer paper from the latest SU! Holiday Mini. I also scalloped the edges of the Cocoa Paper to give the card even more texture. I still haven't decided if I want to add a sentiment to the front or not; I kind of like the large snowflake taking all the limelight!!! The inside uses red and white cardstocks, matted together and the white has been edged with the snowflake border punch, so there's plenty of room for a sentiment inside.
I tried to angle the picture so that you can see the glitter as well as the snowflake embossing on the card.
Hope you like this card and be sure to try using your Big Shot and dies with more than just paper, you might be surprised at what you can create! :-)
Debbie

1 comment:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Welcome back! I hope your over the crud! Your card is beautiful!